Sunday, February 06, 2011

Magistical Memories April Guest Designer Challenge

Hello All! I have a layout to share with you... but first, some FUN news!! I mentioned in my last post that i was a finalist for the My Scrapbook Nook DT... well, I did not make the DT, but I was asked to be a guest designer! I am more than thrilled!! So I'll have more info on that for you when i have it! :) Now...
Every month at Magistical Memories we have a challenge where the DT chooses a winner to be our Guest Designer! In order to play along, you must complete a layout based on this sketch... created by yours truly! :) For more details on playing along, please drop by the Magistical Memories blog.
And here is the project that I created using this sketch along with the Magistical Memories Chipboard film strip! I LOVE this piece of chipboard! I need to get about 500 more of them!! ;)
BE MINE

Supplies: Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, transparency and cardstock stickers, American Crafts Alpha's, Fiskars Lace Circle punch, Queen and Co chipboard xo, Pink Paislee PP, Magistical Memories chipboard film strip, Helmar Premium Craft Glue, Quick fix adhesive runner and 450 quick dry

I have so many little details to show you on here... so bare with me for all the detailed shots...
The chipboard... I inked it with black ink, leaving it slightly distressed looking. Isn't it a DIVINE chippie!!??
I had a ton of fun with my sewing machine on this one!!! Check out the pleating on the paper and the stitching thru the title... a new addiction I think... :)
This pleated heart is how my page began... I started with that and the rest came together from there. I am actually working on a tutorial for this technique to share with you so stay tuned later in the week... :)
I have to admit... I think this has now become one of my all time favorite pages... It just came together so well and I love it to bits!... Kinda like the little guy in the pics! ;)
I hope that this page inspires you... Give the sketch a try...
And tune in again for the HOW TO...

Oh... also Tomorrow BEST CREATION is having a Handmade Flower Blog hop... it's going to be AWESOME! Please drop by... you'll be glad you did!
Until then... Happy Scrapping!!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 PM

    Tina~ what a beautiful blog and I love your layout! Found your blog from the Scrapbook Nook...I will definitely be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! What a beautiful layout! I love love love the pleated heart! However, my favorite part has to be that darling little face in all the pictures. My What a cute nephew I have. I miss him. Beautiful work on the layout and the kid. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet layout tina - I LOVVVVVVVVVVE the border of the heart - wowza!!! Missed that when I saw it over at the Nook.

    Speaking of which, congrats on GDT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic LO Tina:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is beautiful, Tina. Love it! Congrats on the GDT! Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this when I saw it over at Magistical Memories. I can't wait to play with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Love all the added dimension of the folded and stitched paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i luv luv this heart and the way you incorporated the heart for journaling.

    Don't forget to add this project to our linking party this week, to showcase your work to our readers.

    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/valentine-valentine-last-minute-gift.html

    Have a great Valentine,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!